Thursday, September 17, 2015

Packing Your Teaching Toolkit

If you haven’t already, you need to check out the UDLToolkit (link below). This is an amazing (and free!) resource for teachers using the Universal Design for Learning (UDL). This website serves as a hub for UDL resources and information. It provides resources on information about UDL, as well as an abundance of materials that can be used in the classroom. This is quite literally a toolkit for a teacher in modifying and diversifying lessons and representation of materials for the students. Some of the provided resources include free text-to-speech software, graphic organizers, and tools for a variety of curricula areas. I really enjoyed how compact and all-encompassing the website is with supplying resources for such a wide range of subject and assistive needs. 

(Screenshot of the UDL Toolkit website)


4 comments:

  1. I love this resource! Thank you for sharing this website with me. I went to it to find other types of tools I can use in my own classroom. I also really like that it is a technology tool kit. This was very useful for me when trying to diversify my lesson plans. The graphic organizers were another very useful tool! I will definitely recommend this site to my colleagues in hopes of improving lessons for many more students. Thanks Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! Im glad that this resource was helpful for you and will hopefully also be helpful for your colleagues. Feel free to check out some of the other resources that I have provided that are similar to this one!

      Delete
  2. I agree with you that UDLToolkit is an amazing site that has so many great resources for teachers that we can use to implement Universal Design into our lessons. I really enjoy that there are so many different tools to use because sometimes I feel it is hard to think of new ideas for lessons. This site will help teachers have a range of other sites just within one website!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! Isn't this resource great? It is really eyeopening to see all of the great resources that are available online!

      Delete